Procedure to obtain PTSB Credit offered by TCSD1
In District Professional Development
Teton County School District 1 offers many opportunities throughout the school year for certfied staff to participate in Professional Development and receive PTSB credit, free of charge. In order to receive credit, participants must do the following:
- Log on to the Wyoming Professional Teaching Standards Board website to determine if you need credit. In most cases, you only need 5 credits in 5 years to renew your license.
- When you arrive at a TCSD Training, find your name on the sign in sheet and sign in the signature box.
- Submit your exit ticket to the event facilitator.
- NOTE: Attendance (sign in sheets) are tracked for other reasons, besides PTSB credit. Not all events that you sign in for meet Wyoming PTSB Guidelines for Professional Development, thus not meritorious of credit.
Out of District Professional Development
- Conferences or workshops offered outside of TCSD1 may be eligible for PTSB credit. Participants should contact Wyoming PTSB to find out if the event will qualify and how to obtain credit. Conferences that advertise to participants that they will receive PTSB credit have (most likely) pre-approved the conference with PTSB and will submit credit directly. Participants should contact the conference host with questions about how to obtain credit.
Professional Development credits earned through TCSD#1 during the 2016-2017 School Year will be entered by June 30, 2017.