Wilson Elementary School provides students with learning experiences to grow academically, socially, and physically toward becoming productive global citizens.
Beliefs that support our vision:
- We nurture and challenge students to become self-directed learners within and beyond the classroom.
- Clear expectations, outcomes, and adequate time are essential parts of the learning process
- Children develop their individual strengths and styles through differentiated learning experiences.
- Movement, the arts, technology, and media are integral in the education of the whole child.
- Every student develops as a creative thinker, problem solver, and effective communicator.
- Students have the opportunity to demonstrate their learning to diverse audiences.
- We believe quality educators are essential.
- Educators use current, innovative best practices when teaching students.
- A strong professional development plan supports teacher leadership and educators' professional growth.
- Educators recognize and nurture the intellectual potential of each student.
- Educators function in collaborative teams, integrating the arts, physical education, technology, and media into the curriculum.
- We believe students thrive in a respectful, responsible, and safe learning environment.
- Our small K-5 school nurtures positive relationships among all students and faculty.
- Everyone in our school community has a part in caring for the school.
- Parent/teacher relationships are critical to supporting student success.
- We use all spaces at our school as learning environments.
- The health and well-being of our school community members is important.